me

me

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Life in Scotland

I was going to post more often during my stay in Scotland but, not very surprisingly, the life here has taken me in and I've completely lost track of time! It still feels like I just moved here a few weeks ago, and at the same time like I've known these people for a long time. In short, I'm very happy with my life here in Hamilton, Scotland.

As an exchange student I could've been a bit more active, but in general I'm very much enjoying my modules and the style how courses are run here in Scotland. I have very little contact hours with my professors my weeks consisting of 1-2 hour lectures on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday and every other week a 1 hour long seminar either before or after the lecture. A lecture is about 100 students listening to the professor about the days topic while in a seminar there are only about 10-15 people having a discussion about a lecture topic relating to the assignments for the class.

I've made great friends and had fun adventures here in Scotland but there is still so much more to see! Some of my trips include Edinburgh, Pitlochry Enchanted Forest and a horse trekk in Largs. And of course our own great Glasgow which is only a 20 minute trainride (return ticket only £4.30) so visits there are no problem to go shopping or just enjoying the big city (night) life or a concert.

I'll be back when I remember, but for anyone hesitant to study abroad, I can definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment